Mathematics / History
Project: The term ‘structure’ in mathematical discourse from 1889 to the 1960s. A bibliometric study by using the Jahrbuch über die Fortschritte der Mathematik
Supervisors: Ralf Krömer / Thomas Heinze / Klaus Thomas Volkert
In my Ph.D. project I will focus on the term “structure” in mathematical discourse and I am going to carry out a bibliometric study by using the “Jahrbuch über die Fortschritte der Mathematik”. The yearbookshows that the number of presented papers that include the term and the affected mathematical disciplines have increased. My aim is to analyse the development of this process.
6th Floor, Room 06.17
- Since 2023 Ph.D. in history of mathematics at the University of Wuppertal
- 2019 – 2023 Research assistant at the University of Wuppertal in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences and at the Institute for Educational Research in the School of Education
- 2019 – 2023 Master of Education in Mathematics and History at the University of Wuppertal
- 2018 – 2019 Student assistant at the University of Wuppertal in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- 2014 – 2019 Combinatory Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics and History at the University of Wuppertal
My research interest lies in the history mathematics and science.